Hi Dr. Lam,
My mom went to you for her fat grafting and her face is turning out really well! Thank you for what you did for her! I'm one of the sisters that go with my mom when she gets her annual check up.
Over the weekend I fell on an ab roller with my chin. The grooves lacerated my chin and I had to get 4 stitches. The ER doctor used a fine needle and thread used by plastic surgeons to suture up my laceration. The thread is self dissolving and should dissolve in 4 days. This happened on Saturday, June 4.
My questions are:
1. How do I take care of it to prevent a scar or minimize the scaring?
2. It's more than 24 hours, can I wash the wound with water and soap? Or is it better to just dab it with water and keep it dry?
3. Is it best to have a bandaid over it at all times?
4. Is it ok to use peroxide to clean the wound?
5. Can I dab on neosporin at this stage? If not when should I use neosporin?
6. After it heals and if there is a scar? What kind of procedures can you do to get rid of the scar?
Thank you so much in advance for your time and concern on this matter!