Dear dr Lam,
I'm 25 year old asian woman, and I just had open rhinoplasty almost one week ago. I had silicone implant for the bridge, and ear cartilage for the tip. The doctor took my cast off 2 days after surgery, and so far my nose looks good. Still swollen, but good. I have been putting on this cream, called Arnica, supposedly help with the swelling and bruises. I put the cream ON the nose and area around the nose. My question is:
1. Is it okay to touch and put cream on the nose 3 days after rhinoplasty using silicone? The thing is, I heard that silicone implant tends to shift easily.
2. How easy for the silicone to shift or move place? I've become so paranoid of doing any activities because I'm too scared I might move the silicone!
3. I've been told to sleep lie straight on my back, don't sleep facing to the sides. How long do I have to sleep like this? And does sleeping face to the side can cause the implant to move position?
4. When can I start to do my normal activities? And when can I start to put on makeup on nose?
5. I heard about silicone implant can move downwards over time. What should I do to prevent that happening?
6. A friend of mine had nosejob with silicone, and months after the surgery, she made out with boyfriend, and due to passionate kissing, the nose implant became crooked. I'm so terrified this might happen to me. Does it mean I will never be able to "kiss passionately" again for all my life?
Please please explain, dr Lam. Your answer would help a lot! Thankyou.